As winter draws near, you will notice that flying insects such as bees, flies, and mosquitoes. We link these pests with fall and summer, a nuisance to fully enjoying various outdoor activities, and likewise thankful for the colder weather as it brings relief from their bites and stings. But that does not mean that there will be no sign of any kind of pest all throughout the winter season. You need to know the best pest control tips to help keep winter pests at bay.
While bees and mosquitoes fly overhead during the summer season, mice, cockroaches, and spiders can crawl under your foot throughout winter. These pests are looking for shelter and they consider your house as a cozy new place that they can also call their home. You have to take preventative measures to prevent these pests from coming inside your house because they can bring lots of danger inside your house. Rodents, for example, can carry diseases like Hantavirus and Salmonella. Spiders can cause serious side effects once you get bitten while cockroaches can trigger allergies and asthma.
The NPMA or National Pest Management Association has offered some pest control tips that can be used by homeowners who are looking for ways to keep these little critters out.
- Seal holes and cracks on the outside of your house to prevent rodents from getting access to your home. Don’t forget to check places where pipes and utilities enter your home. Keep in mind that a mouse can squeeze itself into a hole that is as little as a dime.
- Change any lose weather stripping or mortar around windows or foundation of your basement
- If you need to store firewood, place it somewhere that is at least 20 feet away from your house. Ants and mice can build their nests in wood piles and get access to your house if the pile is very close.
- Rodents can also hide themselves in clutter so be sure to organize your storage areas. If possible do not place any boxes on the floor.
- Get rid of all moisture areas such as clogged drains and leaking pipes. You need to pay more attention to the bathrooms and kitchen because these areas are especially prone to cockroach infestation.
- Repair damaged window screens and install door sweeps.
- Screen vents to the chimney. The crawl space, basement, and attic must also be kept dry and well ventilated.
Winter can bring a lot of problems in a home. But if you follow these simple Myrtle Beach pest control tips, you will reduce the chances of encountering pest problems in your house. If you keep these winter pests outdoors, your house will become a better and healthier place for the upcoming holidays.
If you believe that you have a pest problem and you need a reliable pest control service, you have to call a professional like AAA Pest Control right away.
AAA Pest Control
Myrtle Beach, SC