Because pests just keeps coming back to your home no matter how much you clean and sanitize every home, many homeowners want to learn organic pest control methods so they can safely get rid of these pests without putting their health at risk. The most common pests that homeowners face are ants and dust mites. And it seems that whatever type of cleaning you do, they still find ways to infest your home.
To help you get rid of these pests safely and easily, here are some tips from a Myrtle Beach pest control expert.
Organic pest control for dust mites
Although dust mites are not really that harmful to people, they can be highly dangerous to individuals suffering from asthma. Their effects can be lethal if not treated immediately. And the reason why these pests are difficult to get rid of is because they lurk almost everywhere around the house – clothing, furniture, beds, bookshelves and carpets.
To eliminate or control dust mite infestation, you will need to forgo using humidifiers. Remember that dust mites easily grow and develop in areas with sufficient warmth and humidity. Using a humidifier, thus, makes your home more ideal for the growth and development of dust mites.
In addition to these pest control methods, here are other things that you should to keep away dust mites:
- Regularly vacuum carpets, pillows and mattresses. Do this once a week for best results.
- Wash beddings using water that has high temperature, at least 55 degrees Celsius or higher.
- Remove stuffed toys, books and rugs from the rooms of household members suffering from asthma.
- Use laminated covers on your mats and mattresses to seal them from dust mite infestation.
Organic pest control for ants
What attract ants to your home are the sweets that you keep including sugars and cookies. Thus, regardless of how clean and sanitized you keep your house, if you do not know how to properly store your sweets, ants will just keep coming back to your house.
Here are some things that you can do to make your house less attractive to ants using organic pest control Myrtle Beach methods.
- Keep all your food storage containers tightly closed. Remind everyone in the household to always put back the lids on the food containers after they used them and they should also make sure that the lid is tight and secured.
- Always clean up crumbs and any food leftovers. Do not let them sit on the countertop, sink, pantry, cabinet shelves and the flooring for more than a couple of hours.
- Place food containers on top of a bin full of water. Ants cannot cross water so a bin or bowl of water is an effective deterrent for them.
- Spread cucumber slices throughout the kitchen and pantry. Make sure you place them inside your kitchen cabinets and drawers as well as where you see ants crawling around. The scent of cucumber repels ants.
- Combine water and detergent and place in spray bottles. Make sure these spray bottles are kept where they can be easily reached so you or anyone in the household can instantly use them to spray on ants that they see crawling around the house.
For best results in keeping pests away from your home, work with a licensed and experienced professional. Call AAA Pest Control now and inquire about their organic pest control practices.
AAA Pest Control
Myrtle Beach SC